In the Fall of 2012 we launched the Legacy Campaign with the following objectives:
- To complete all approved capital projects
- To retire all church debt by the end of 2016
- To establish a capital reserve fund of about $100,000, effective January 1, 2017;
- To free up a minimum of $50,000 a year for church programs, new initiatives and missions, starting with the 2017 budget year.
We are now just past the half-way point of the Legacy Campaign and we are happy to report that as of the end of October 2014, $220,234 has been received.
So far we have COMPLETED the following projects:
- Prayer Tower.
- Heating & Air Conditioning.
- Second Floor Consolidation.
- First Floor Offices.
- Entrance & Exit Doors.
- Parking Lot Canopy.
- Signage – inside & outside.
Over the next few months we expect that further improvements to the Foyer will be made and that the installation of a new floor in the Fellowship Hall will commence, subject to final design approval by the Board of Trustees.With your continued support we will be able to celebrate at the end of 2016 the laying of a strong financial foundation that will open up many opportunities for the future of Smythe Street Cathedral.
- We have come a long way since the inception of the campaign, but there is no room for complacency. Traditionally, contributions tend to drop off in the second half of a stewardship campaign. We are counting on your continuing support and faithfulness to avoid such a development in our campaign.
- If we can sustain the current rate of contributions versus pledges made, we will meet all our objectives.
The NEXT Campaign brochure (click here to view) describes in full the background of our campaing. The pamphlet also explains how, as a congregation, we can unite and through the efforts of each one of us help ensure a future that will bring blessings to our church and to our church family. If after reading the information you have questions or require further clarification, you are invited to contact the Legacy Campaign at email@example.com .