Our next Marriage Preparation Course will begin on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 and run for 5 weeks. The cost of the course is $99, including supper at each session and materials.
Click here to register.
If you have questions feel free to e-mail us.
What Is The Marriage Preparation Course?
The Marriage Preparation Course is for any engaged couple who wants to develop strong foundations for a lasting marriage. Over five evenings spent together you will learn important tools that will enable you to make your marriage work. You will look at
- the importance of commitment,
- how to recognise and appreciate your differences,
- the art of communication,
- resolving conflict,
- spending time together,
- nurturing your friendship,
- making each other feel loved,
- developing a good sexual relationship, and
- the importance of talking about your goals, values, and dreams.
The evenings are very relaxed. There is a meal followed by short talks interspersed with exercises and questions for you to discuss together as a couple.
A typical evening starts at 6:15 PM and finishes by 9:00 PM. Each evening includes:
- A meal—you will sit together with other engaged couples and a course leaders. You can chat to the others or just use the time to talk to each other. At no time on the course will you have to disclose anything personal to anyone else.
- Talk and discussion—each evening a video of the talk played. The talk is broken up with opportunities for you and your fiancé(e) to talk through the issues raised as a couple.
- Homework—at the end of each session you are given some homework to do together. This will help you to build on what you have learned and give you the opportunity to apply it to your relationship. Don’t worry—it won’t be marked! It isn’t looked at by anyone else and is just for your own benefit.
Who is it for?
It is for any engaged couple who wants to work at having the best possible start to their marriage.
It doesn’t matter how long you have been engaged—some couples have set a wedding date, while others have not. Some couples who have been living together for a while use the course to explore the idea of getting married.
The course is based on Christian principles for relationships and is run by Christians, but it is suitable for people with or without a church background. You do not need to be getting married in a church to come on the course.